|Amazing Anomaly||Geodesic Company||Magnetic Anomaly Academy||Mineralogy Institute||Crystallography Center||Scientific Sensation||The Grand Canyon||Interesting Facts||Association of Mineralogy||Discovering a New Mineral||Grand Canyon|
Grand Canyon is a mainland Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 4 new fixed structures with assets leading to exclusive rewards. It was released as part of an update on July 10, 2015. The building constructions and contracts provides for World Architecture (Australia).
|"Incredible news in Megapolis! Scientists have found a powerful magnetic anomaly in the desert. The townspeople are worried – this phenomenon could be dangerous!"|
|"The residents beg the mayor: study the magnetic anomaly"|
|"Hurry and start researching the anomaly – build a Geodesic Company, a Mineralogy Institute and a Magnetic Anomaly Academy. Excavate in the Grand Canyon to find the reason for the magnetic anomaly and you'll get a new title and gifts!"|
Stage 1 - Amazing Anomaly
Megapolis scientists have found a strange magnetic anomaly in the desert. We need to hurry and start researching it, this anomaly could be a threat to the city!
- Start building a Geodesic Company. You'll need it to find the reason for the magnetic anomaly's appearance.
|Buy the Geodesic Company Foundation|
- You did a great job with this task! You receive building materials as a reward. They're in your Storehouse. Use them wisely!
- 05 x Restoration Equipment
Stage 2 - Geodesic Company
The Geodesic Company will allow you to gather information about the terrain and angle of the area. The Megapolis Geophysics Department will give you information on the structure of the land and the possible causes of the mysterious magnetic anomaly.
- Build a Geodesic Company and a Megapolis Geophysics Department.
|Build a Geodesic Company
|Buy a Megapolis Geophysics Department
- Great work! For completing these tasks, you receive some experience. Want to share it with your friends?
Stage 3 - Magnetic Anomaly Academy
Magnetic anomalies are deviations in the value of the magnetic field on the Earth's surface from its normal value. Build a Magnetic Anomaly Academy to find out more about this mysterious phenomenon.
- Start building a Magnetic Anomaly Academy. Analyze the soil before you start digging.
|Buy the Magnetic Anomaly Academy foundation
|Accept a Soil Analysis contract
- Keep up the good work! Hurry and finish building the Magnetic Anomaly Academy to start your excavations.
Stage 4 - Mineralogy Institute
The reason for the magnetic anomaly is usually the presence of large deposits of minerals underground. You'll need a Mineralogy Institute to detect the source of the magnetic disturbance.
- Build a Magnetic Anomaly Academy and start building a Mineralogy Institute. Study the borders of the magnetic anomaly to define the edge of your dig site.
|Build a Magnetic Anomaly Academy|
|Buy a Mineralogy Institute Foundation
|Complete a Magnetic Anomaly Border Study contract
- Good work! You receive building materials as a reward. Hurry up and use them!
- 10 x Bracket
Stage 5 - Crystallography Center
The characteristic features of natural minerals are that they're all crystal formations. Build a Crystallography Center to detect which mineral could have created such a strong magnetic anomaly.
- Keep building the Mineralogy Institute. Invite your friends to help you with some geodesic calculations.
|Build the Mineralogy Institute Frame|
|Buy a Crystallography Center
|Accept a Geodesic Calculations contract
- You did a great job on this task and you receive the Geochemical Laboratory as a reward. It's in your Storehouse. Hurry and build it!
Stage 6 - Scientific Sensation
Our scientists have done their research and come a conclusion — science knows no minerals or ores capable of creating such a powerful magnetic anomaly. And that means our excavation could be dangerous!
- Make sure your research team stays safe — develop hazmat suits for them. Build a Mineralogy Institute and start building an Association of Mineralogy.
|Build a Mineralogy Institute
|Complete a Developing Hazmat Suits contract
|Buy the Association of Mineralogy Foundation
- Perfect! Your science team is fully equipped. Hurry and start excavating!
Stage 7 - The Grand Canyon
To answer the question of the mysterious mineral's origin, we need to perform a historical-minerogenic analysis of the area.
- "Build a Geodesic Engineering Department and start your excavation. The anomaly covers a wide area. You'll have to dig out a real canyon!
|Build a Geodesic Engineering Department
|Accept a Historical-Minerogenic Analysis contract
- You've done some good work and you're getting building materials as a reward. They're in your Storehouse.
- 10 x Steel Cables
Stage 8 - Interesting Facts
Excavating the canyon in the desert has caused a stir among the public. More and more people want to know as much as possible about the mysterious mineral. Organize an Interesting Facts about Minerals lecture for your friends and Megapolis residents!
- Keep building the Association of Mineralogy. Don't forget to invite your friends to the Interesting Facts about Minerals lecture!
|Build an Association of Mineralogy Frame|
|Complete an Interesting Facts about Minerals Lecture contract
- Great work! You receive building materials as a reward. Use them wisely!
- 05 x Socket
Stage 9 - Association of Mineralogy
If you manage to discover a new mineral, you'll be able to register it at the Association of Mineralogy.
- Build an Association of Mineralogy in Megapolis
|Build an Association of Mineralogy
|House 700 inhabitants|
- Wonderful! There's just a little more to do before your excavation finishes. Keep completing tasks and you'll get a reward!
Stage 10 - Discovering a New Mineral
You'll need quarrying equipment to finish your excavation of the canyon and reveal the mysterious mineral!
- Complete this task and get a stunning reward!
|Build a Set of Quarrying Equipment|
|Accept a Mineral Study contract
- Congratulations! You've found a mineral previously unknown to science. As a reward, you receive the Museum of Geological Materials. Build it and you'll get a new title!
Reward - Grand Canyon
|Museum of Geological Materials
Achievement after Building the Museum of Geological Materials
|"You built the Museum of Geological Materials and earned a new title: Honorary Geologist. Share this wonderful news with your friends!"|
- Social Quantum's internal name for this quest is "Великий каньон" which translates to "Grand Canyon".
- Social Quantum's ID for this quest is 10073979.