|New Horizons (Great Lakes)||Unexpected Obstacle||Recourse Deficit||Department of Hydroecology||Environmental Protection Service||Assessing Consequences||Water Treatment Plant||Perfection is in the Details||Melting the Glacier||Great Lakes|
Great Lakes is a Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 7 new fixed structures with assets leading to exclusive rewards. It was released as part of an update on October 22, 2015.
|"New lands have been discovered in Megapolis, complete with gorgeous scenery and saltwater lakes whose tributary is blocked by a gigantic glacier. Melt the glacier and unlock a new ecological way to draw water!"|
|"The residents are asking the mayor to: explore new lands"|
|"An unexplored territory has been discovered, with beautiful scenery and saltwater lakes whose flow is blocked by a huge glacier. Explore the new lands, melt the glacier and unlock a new ecological source of water!"|
Stage 1 - New Horizons (Great Lakes)
Get new lands for your Megapolis! Build a road bridge to unlock a new zone — the Great Lakes!
- Build the Leviathan Bridge to unlock a new zone!
|Build the Leviathan Bridge
- You unlocked a new area — the Great Lakes. Be sure to tell your friends!
- 10 x Pipes
Stage 2 - Unexpected Obstacle
Explorers have discovered a gigantic glacier blocking the flow of fresh water into the lakes. We must study this glacier!
- Start building the Geocryology Institute to research the glacier.
|Lay the Geocryology Institute Foundation|
|Build the Geocryology Institute|
- Great work! Keep studying the Great Lakes — there's plenty to be learned!
- 10 x Communication Wires
Stage 3 - Recourse Deficit
There's a serious lack of fresh water in the Great Lakes. We need to solve this problem without damaging the lakes' unique ecosystem.
- Build the Innovative Development Firm to find way to draw water.
|Lay the Innovative Development Firm Foundation|
|Build the Innovative Development Firm|
|Accept the Searching for New Methods to Draw Water contract
- Wonderful! You built the Innovative Development Firm. Be sure to tell your friends!
- 10 x Lawn Trellises
Stage 4 - Department of Hydroecology
By melting the glacier, we can not only restore the flow of water into the lakes, but get a huge supply of fresh water too.
- To assess the viability of water from the glacier, you'll need the Department of Hydroecology. Build it! Don't forget to measure the size of the glacier.
|Lay the Department of Hydroecology Foundation|
|Build the Department of Hydroecology|
|Complete the Measuring the Glacier contract
- You completed this task! Don't rest on your laurels — keep studying the glacier!
- 10 x Concrete Rings
Stage 5 - Environmental Protection Service
You'll need to perform a bacteriological analysis of the ice to assess the viability of the water from the glacier.
- To preserve the environment of the Great Lakes, build the Environmental Protection Service. Complete a bacteriological analysis of the ice and get a wonderful reward!
|Lay the Environmental Protection Service Foundation|
|Build the Environmental Protection Service|
|Complete the Bacteriological Analysis of the Ice contract
- Great work! As a reward, you receive the Beziers Apartments. Check your Storehouse!
- 10 x Water Pumps
- Beziers Apartments
Stage 6 - Assessing Consequences
Experts from the Department of Hydroecology have confirmed it — water from the glacier is fit for drinking!
- Upgrade the Geocryology Institute to the Central Geocryology Institute and assess the consequences of melting the glacier.
|Upgrade the Geocryology Institute to the Central Geocryology Institute|
|Complete the Assessing Consequences of Melting the Glacier contract
- Scientists have come to a conclusion: melting the glacier wouldn't threaten the environment of the Great Lakes. Start developing ways to melt the glacier!
- 10 x Square Log
Stage 7 - Water Treatment Plant
Invite your friends to help you research ways to melt the glacier. We need a highly effective and environmentally-friendly melting method!
- Build the Water Treatment Plant and start researching ways to melt the glacier with your friends!
|Lay the Water Treatment Plant Foundation|
|Build the Water Treatment Plant|
|Complete the Researching Ways to Melt the Glacier contract
- You completed this task and you receive experience and building materials as a reward!
- 10 x Air Purifiers
Stage 8 - Perfection is in the Details
Scientists have chosen the most effective way to melt the glacier. But before we make it a reality, we'll need to develop a detailed plan.
- Upgrade the Central Geocryology Institute to the International Geocryology Institute and develop a detailed plan to melt the glacier.
|Upgrade the Central Geocryology Institute to the International Geocryology Institute
|Complete the Developing a Plan to Melt the Glacier contract
- Great work! All the necessary preparations are complete. It's time to start melting the glacier!
- 10 x Sling Hooks
Stage 9 - Melting the Glacier
The Heat Station will help you melt the glacier. It's a special structure that generates electricity and heat.
- Complete these tasks and get a fantastic reward!
|Lay the Heat Station Foundation|
|Build the Heat Station|
|Complete the Melting the Glacier contract
- Great work! You provided the Great Lakes with a source of clean drinking water. Be sure to tell your friends!
Reward - Great Lakes
|Klion Hydro Plant (before timer expires)
|Urban Water Supply Service (after timer expires)|
|"You built the Leviathan Bridge and earned a honorary title: Great Lakes Pioneer. Be sure to tell your friends!"|
- Achievement after building the Klion Hydro Plant
|"You provided the Great Lakes with a source of fresh water and earned a new title: Chief Ecologist of the Great Lakes. Want to tell your friends?"|
- Social Quantum's internal name for this quest is "Великие озера" which translates to "Great Lakes".
- Social Quantum's ID for this quest is 10075931.