|Preparations for the Rally||Communications Center||Rally Starting Point||Sports and TV||Striving for Perfection||Grand Prix Hotel||Motorcycle Racers||Auto Racing||Fast and Furious|
Build and Upgrade:
Megapolis-Dakar Rally is a Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 2 areas with assets leading up to a Sports Car Museum. It was released as part of an update on 03.01.2013.
Motorsports have become wildly popular in Megapolis. The Racecar Drivers Association has stated that the city’s infrastructure and economy make it possible to organize an international rally in the desert!
The residents beg the mayor:
Hold the Megapolis-Dakar rally
Develop the city’s infrastructure. Build a Starting Area and a Media Center! Hold an international rally in Megapolis and broadcast it to the entire world!'
Hold the international Megapolis-Dakar Rally in the desert! Broadcast this prominent sports event to the entire world!
Depending on how one plays the game, this quest may require approximately 220 total (for 210 assets) and 340,000 (for building and foundation purchases) to complete fully.
Stage 1 - Preparations for the Rally
We need to make serious preparations to host an event such as an international Rally!
- Build a Motorcycle School in Megapolis to train racers and provide housing to the first enthusiasts and athletes arriving for the competition.
|Build a Build a Motorcycle School|
|Settle 1,000 residents|
- Wonderful! You've built a Motorcycle School and have provided Residences for the first fans and athletes arriving for the Megapolis-Dakar rally!
Stage 2 - Communications Center
Make sure that the Rally is covered in the press and on TV. Broadcasting will bring us fame and revenue!
- Build a Media Center for journalists. You'll be able to broadcast the rally across the world!
|Begin building (buy) a Media Center|
|Visit 7 friends and invite them to help prepare for the Rally|
- Good work! You've begun to build a Media Center and asked your friends to help organize a rally!
Stage 3 - Rally Starting Point
Start building the infrastructure you need, and don’t forget that you’ll need money for the event itself!
- As a matter of fact, the rally will bring in a lot of money. But first you'll need to make some investments.
|Begin building (buy) a Rally Starting Point foundation|
|Collect 1,500 in taxes|
- Construction of the rally starting point has begun, and funds for the rally has been raised. Excellent work!
Stage 4 - Sports and TV
It's time to finish the Media Center and take your place on the global sports news market.
- Megapolis hosts various press-worthy sporting events almost every day.
|Finish construction of the Media Center (Level 1)|
|Complete a Sports Event Broadcasting contract at the Media Center
- You’ve successfully completed construction and begun broadcasting Megapolis’s sporting events!
Stage 5 - Striving for Perfection
We need a Tuning Shop to customize Cars and Motorcycles. You should also arrange for a world news satellite broadcast.
- Every Car and Bike can be upgraded! But first you need to build a Tuning Shop
|Upgrade the Media Communications Center (Level 2)|
|Complete an Satellite Transmission of World News contract at the Media Center
|Build a Tuning Shop|
- Excellent work! Now you can upgrade cars and perform satellite broadcasts of world news!
Stage 6 - Grand Prix Hotel
We must keep building the starting area. There's not much time left before the Rally begins!
- The Rally is about to begin. Don’t you need a place to house all the racers and fans coming to this wonderful Rally?
|Complete the first phase of construction of the Rally Starting Point Frame (Level 1)|
|Build the Grand Prix Hotel|
- Keep it up! The first stage of constructing the starting area is complete, and you've provided housing for the fans and athletes coming to attend the event!
Stage 7 - Motorcycle Racers
The sooner the competition begins, the happier the fans will be!
- You should speed up construction of the Starting Area and hold the first Motorcycle Races!
|Finish building the Rally Starting Point (Level 2)|
|Complete a Motocycle Racers contract at the Rally Starting Point
- Excellent work! The starting area has been built successfully, and you've held the first motorcycle races!
Stage 8 - Auto Racing
You should consider upgrading the Starting Area and arranging a Car Rally!
- This Auto Race will be an incredibly exciting show for the fans that have already arrived at the city.
|Upgrade the Rally Starting Point - Light Vehicle Pit Stop (Level 3)|
|Complete a Car Rally contract at the Rally Starting Point
- You’ve upgraded the starting area and held a race for rally cars! The fans couldn’t be happier!
Stage 9 - Fast and Furious
Now that we already have experience holding these types of races, we should hold a competition for trucks.
- Upgrade the Starting Area and hold a Truck Rally!
|Upgrade the Rally Starting Point - Truck Area (Level 4)|
|Complete a Truck Rally contract at the Rally Starting Point
- Congratulations! You've upgraded the starting area and held truck races!
Reward - Megapolis-Dakar Rally
|Sports Car Museum|
Achievement after completing a Motorcycle Racers, a Car Rally, and a Truck Rally contract at the Rally Starting Point
|Congratulations! You held a rally involving all sorts of racing vehicles, for which you have received the achievement Distinguished Racer!|
- While it usually remains possible to construct infrastructure related to timed quests after they expire (i.e. players who join later find construction locations that can be built up, providing access to contracts and income/experience rewards but not reward buildings), such is not the case with this quest as its infrastructure was only available during the quest.
- Social Quantum's internal name for this quest is "Ралли Мегаполис - Дакар".
- Social Quantum's ID for this quest is 20461.