|Danger from Space||Megapolis Astronauts||Flight Control||Stop the Asteroid!||The Astronauts are Heroes||Preliminary Tests||It's Almost Launch Time||Testing the Rocket Complex||Saving Megapolis||Operation Cosmic Shield|
Build and Upgrade:
"Save the earth from the falling asteroid! Built[sic] a rocket complex and train a team of astronauts!"'
"An asteroid is approaching the earth! It could potentially destroy every city on the planet, but the residents of Megapolis know there's someone out there who won't let that happen! Scientists suggest building a series of rockets and launching them into space to change the gigantic rock's trajectory!
"The residents beg the mayor: train a team of astronauts. We could start a space program in Megapolis. At the moment it will help save the people of earth from the asteroid, and tomorrow it will provide Megapolis with the innumerable bounties of the cosmos!"
Operation Cosmic Shield is a timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 3 areas and 3 buildings with assets leading up to space-related rewards. It was released as part of Update/07.30.2013 and follows the related Danger from Space and Fall of a Meteorite timed quests.
Depending on how you play the game, this quest may require around total and to complete fully.
Stage 1 - Danger from Space
Emergency - a gigantic asteroid is about to hit the earth! We only have one chance to save ourselves - by changing the asteroid's trajectory.
- Build an Institute of Thermal Engineering to develop everything you need to change the asteroid's trajectory. And don't forget to warn your neighbors about the impending threat!
|Build an Institute of Thermal Engineering|
|Visit 6 friends|
|Undertake the Thermocapillary Convection in Rocket Fuel contract at the Institute of Thermal Engineering|
- Great job! We're getting materials as a reward for completing the mission so quickly. You can find them in the Storehouse.
Stage 2 - Megapolis Astronauts
Train specialists so they can fly into space and save the earth and their beloved Megapolis.
- Build an Astronaut Training Center, then start working on training and educational programs to prepare the future astronauts.
|Build an Astronaut Training Center|
|Complete the Recruiting the Astronaut Team contract at the Astronaut Training Center|
- Great job! The residents of Megalopis are more than happy to supply you with the materials you need to continue construction. You can find them in the Storehouse.
Stage 3 - Flight Control
To fly into space and come back safely, you need a Flight Control Complex.
- Build a Flight Control Complex to ensure that your astronauts have a safe flight and return home in one piece.
|Buy the Flight Control Complex Foundation|
|Build the Flight Control Complex (Level 1)|
|Complete the Training Flight contract at the Astronaut Training Center|
- Great job! Now you can be confident that future space flights will be safe.
Stage 4 - Stop the Asteroid!
The asteroid is approaching Earth! But you've still got a little time. You'll definitely be able to finish everything before it's too late.
- The Flight Control Complex needs to be upgraded before we can send astronauts to the asteroid and prevent it from colliding with the earth!
|Upgrade the Flight Control Complex (to a Radiolocation Center)|
|Complete the Developing Reactive Targeting Systems contract at the Institute of Thermal Engineering|
|Collect 3,000 in taxes|
- Great Job! You`re getting a well-earned reward: the Apollo Lunar Module. You can find it in your storehouse.
Stage 5 - The Astronauts are Heroes
The residents of Megapolis know about the impending catastrophe, and they're truly grateful to their compatriots who are flying into space to save them.
- Set up a place for the astrounauts to live in Megapolis and hold an autograph session for them. And charge for them - you`ll need the money to continue construction.
|Build the Astronaut Campus|
|Undertake the Autograph Session with Astronauts contract at the Astronaut Training Center|
|Collect 100.000 Coins|
- The residents of Megapolis are proud of their astronauts, and you're getting a well-deserved reward. Would you like to tell your friends about it?
Stage 6 - Preliminary Tests
Megapolis's scientists have developed a new rocket complex that they've dubbed Meteorite. The complex will allow us to change the asteroid's trajectory, causing it to revolve around the earth rather than colide with it.
- Start building a Repair and Testing Facility. That way you'll be able to confirm the effectiveness of the rockets you've built to change the asteroid's trjaectory.
|Begin construction of the Repair and Testing Facility:|
|Build the Repair and Testing Facility Frame|
- Hurry! The asteroid is getting closer and closer to earth. Get the materials you need to continue construction - you can find them at the Storehouse.
Stage 7 - It's Almost Launch Time
It's time to set a date to launch the rocket with the astronauts. The residents of Megapolis are confident that the earth will be saved!
- Build the Meteorite Rocket Complex and complete the Repair and Testing Facility. Then you'll be able to start testing!
|Begin construction of the Meteorite Rocket Complex:|
|Finish construction of the Repair and Testing Facility|
- Great job! Now you're ready to start testing the new Meteorite rocket complex. Would you like to tell your friends about it?
Stage 8 - Testing the Rocket Complex
The time has come to test the Meteorite Rocket Complex. Conduct painstaking tests, then launch the rocket into space!
- Continue building the Meteorite Rocket Complex and check the quality of the project.
|Build the Meteorite Rocket Complex Frame|
|Complete the Testing the Meteorite Rocket Complex contract two times at the Institute of Thermal Engineering|
- It's time to finish the Meteorite Rocket Complex and conduct tests! You can still make it - you've received some additional construction materials. You can find them in your Storehouse.
Stage 9 - Saving Megapolis
There isn't much time left. We're down to seconds here. Quick, launch the rocket!
- Finish building the Meteorite Rocket Complex and launch the rocket. It's earth's last hope!
|Finish building the Meteorite Rocket Complex|
|Undertake the Launching the Rocket with the Astronaut Team contract at the Institute of Thermal Engineering|
- You've saved Megapolis! Your grateful residents have built a Planetarium in honor of the occasion. Place it in your city! You're also getting a new contract: Holding the Heroes of Earth Exhibition.
Reward - Operation Cosmic Shield
Quest Rewards after Building Planetarium
- You've saved Megapolis from being hit by a gigantic asteroid and have earned the new title of Savior of Megapolis. Would you like to tell your friends about it?
Additional Reward - Operation Cosmic Shield
- Enter informational text here
- (After the timed quest expired, some players received a message indicating that their neighbors had redirected the meteorite and a monument was placed in their storehouse as a reward.)
|Saviors of the Planet Monument|