Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Strategy in Megapolis is something of an oxymoron as there is no "winning." There are, however, several styles of play.
Styles of play
Top 10, Top 100
According to the official Social Quantum FAQ
- How do I get in the TOP 100?
- TOP 100 requirements:
- You must have many buildings, and there should be few identical objects in your city.
- Advice: Do not build identical objects just to obtain experience -- you won't get into the TOP 100 if you take the easy way.
- There should be enough roads in your city.
- Advice: Your city should look real. It shouldn't be a bundle of identical buildings without roads or infrastructure.
- Timely completion of all major projects adds an extra advantage.
- The higher your level (that is, the more exp you have), the better your chance.
However, observation of Top 100 players shows that this is not necessarily the case:
- Will add screenshots later
Periodically Top players are removed from the listing. There is insufficient information to know why, but one possible scenario is that getting into the Top of a category can happen to any player but once there, Social Quantum evaluates the city to determine if it deserves to stay there. Other possibilities exist, but this article is not for discussing or listing them.
There are three Top categories:
- By experience - have the highest experience of all players
- By coins - have the most of all players
- By population - have the most of all players.
It is possible to rapidly expand a city through the purchase of megabucks using real world currency, which will provide rapid gains in experience and, with regular game play, provide rapid increases in both and .
Strategy: To generate experience , players:
- complete construction projects,
- build many buildings,
- collect from residential buildings, from infrastructure buildings and contracts from production buildings,
- complete achievements.
While continuous play will reward players with some experience, it is not listed in the strategy because the amount of awarded experience is insignificant to players in the Top 100 ranking.
Strategy: To generate coin , players:
- complete production buildings and high income/minute infrastructure buildings, then collect contracts and coin from those buildings,
- complete achievements that provide coin,
- complete quests
- level up through experience (each increase in level is rewarded with level*1000 .)
Contracts must be collected manually, but can be collected using City Hall (as long as the game client is running and the player has sufficient .) It is also possible to fire the Census Taker so that City Hall will only collect coin , thus maximizing the return on wage .
While continuous play will reward players with some coin, it is not listed in the strategy because the amount of awarded coin is insignificant to players in the Top 100 ranking.
Strategy: To generate population , players:
- build infrastructure, decorations and construction projects to increase population cap , then build only the amount of residential buildings needed to keep current population at the population cap.
Residential buildings do not increase the population cap, so having a lot of residential will decrease game territory available for buildings which increase the population cap, thus reducing the maximum possible population cap the player can achieve.
- Collect from residential buildings
Casual players play irregularly, infrequently, or play without any attempt to get into a Top category. The #1 issue for casual players is maximizing efficiency of play. That is, getting the most , and for each moment of play.
Rules for maximizing efficiency:
- 1. Building & contract selection
If a player cannot play more frequently than once every 8 hours, building a lot of Wooden Houses, which produce population every 5 minutes, will have a lot of "wasted cycles". Therefore, a player that only plays once every 8 hours should favor buildings that produce only once every 8 hours.
- b. Determine your maximum play time per day (e.g., 7 AM to 9 PM would be 14 hours.)
- (1) Keep in mind that any building that takes longer than a player's maximum play time per day is effectively going to take 24 hours. (e.g., the Office Building has a 15 hour cycle. If a player were to collect from the building at 7 AM, then go to sleep at 9 PM, they would miss the next collection and would not be able to collect again until the following day at 7 AM (24 hours later.))
- c. A player must then do math to determine the income/minute or population/minute of various buildings & contracts, taking into consideration their play style.
- d. Only purchase high income/minute or population/minute buildings.
A building which has high value to one player may not be the best building for another player that plays differently.
- 2. Play daily for each daily gift.
- 3. Do not start too many construction projects at once-- model neighbors provide gifts by randomly selecting assets from the assets needed for projects in progress. Due to the weighting mechanism in the randomization, assets which the player needs more of have a higher likelihood of being provided by the model neighbors.
- a. For example, if a player needs to build a beach (initial construction) and a Bridge, then they need 6 Cords, 4 Concrete Blocks, 2 Iron Beams for the bridge, and 5 Beach Umbrellas, 5 Beach Beds and 3 Sand. That random table looks like this:
- However, if that player were to have 5/6 of the Cords needed, then that table would instead look like this:
- (There is rounding in the above table and the fractional percentages were added to values that would have otherwise been rounded down so that the total percentage is 100%)
Starting a lot of construction projects can result in length delays of any one particular project, but because of the way gifting and assets work, there is no effective way to decrease the construction time on projects without the use of megabucks