(April 15 2015 09:00:00 +0200 remaining)
Build and Upgrade:
Taming the Volcano is a Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 4 new fixed structures with assets leading up to volcanic evolution related rewards. It was released as part of an update on 04.07.2015.
|"A volcano has awoken in Megapolis! It isn't a threat to your citizens' lives yet, but we must take all the necessary precautions to protect the people. We must also to think of ways to use this resource for the benefit of the whole nation!"
"Hurry and tame the volcano in Megapolis! Protect your citizens and claim the volcano's natural riches for your city! Start taming the volcano by building a Laboratory Complex."
"The residents are asking the mayor to: Tame the volcano"
"To tame the volcano, you must outfit your Megapolis with a Laboratory Complex, a Volcanic Thermal Power Plant, a Volcanic Energy Plant and a Volcanic Bacteria Farm."
Depending on how one plays the game, this quest may require approximately 474 for all assets, 400,000 for foundation purchases and 37,500 for accepting contracts.
Stage 1 - A Volcano in Megapolis
The volcano in Megapolis has awoken! It isn't a threat to the city yet, and that means we can use it for our benefit!
- Go to Tourist Island to start taming the volcano.
|Go to Tourist Island|
- This is a great start! Research the volcano to discover how to tame it.
Stage 2 - Volcano Research
To learn how to tame the volcano, you must research it first.
- Start building a Laboratory Complex to start researching the active volcano!
|Buy the Laboratory Complex Foundation|
- Great work! You receive building materials as a reward. You can find them in the Storehouse.
Stage 3 - A Volcano's Heat
Volcanoes can be very destructive, but they can also be useful. For example, our volcano can become a source of heat.
- Build the Laboratory Complex and start building a Volcanic Thermal Power Plant to collect the volcano's heat.
|Build the Laboratory Complex
|Buy a Volcanic Thermal Power Plant Foundation|
- Invite your friends to research the volcano in Megapolis with you!
Stage 4 - Volcanic Activity
There are three main categories of volcanoes: active, dormant and extinct. The volcano in Megapolis is active!
- Research volcanic activity and start building a Volcanic Bacteria Farm to make the most of the volcano!
|Build the Volcanic Thermal Power Plant
|Buy a Volcanic Bacteria Farm Foundation|
|Accept a Volcanic Activity Research contract
- Great work! As a reward for completing it, you receive building materials. Use them wisely!
Stage 5 - Volcanic Energy
Volcanic bacteria could have beneficial applications. They could be use to create fertilizers or even rare medicine!
- Build a Volcanic Bacteria Farm, take samples and start building a Volcanic Energy Plant.
|Build the Volcanic Bacteria Farm
|Buy a Volcanic Energy Plant Foundation|
|Complete a Sampling Red-hot Ore contract
- Continue your research on the volcano and be sure to tell your friends all about it!
Stage 6 - Volcanology Institute
Drill a deep well and study all the secrets of the Megapolis' volcano!
- Complete these tasks and you'll get the Volcanology Institute as a reward!
|Build a Volcanic Well
|Accept a Studying Volcanic Bacteria Types contract
- As a reward for completing these tasks, you receive the Volcanology Institute. You can find it in your Storehouse. Hurry and build it!
Stage 7 - Active Volcano
The Megapolis' volcano is active, and that means it's releasing gases. We need to filter them out to make sure they don't harm the citizens of Megapolis.
- Build a Volcanic Gas Filtration System to protect the citizens of Megapolis.
|Build a Volcanic Gas Filtration System
|Complete a Sinking a Volcanic Well contract
- As a reward for your selfless efforts, you receive building materials. Use them to keep taming the volcano!
Stage 8 - Experimental Laboratory
Experiments are a scientific way of discovering the truth and uncovering new information about various phenomena.
- Build an Experimental Laboratory and test your filtration system!
|Build an Experimental Laboratory
|Accept a Filtration System Test contract
- As a thank you for saving them from the volcanic gases, the grateful citizens of Megapolis offer you building materials! You can find the materials in your Storehouse.
Stage 9 - Volcanic Experiments
Volcanoes can be very dangerous, but also very useful. At least if you use them carefully!
- Continue building the Volcanic Energy Plant and perform some experiments on volcanic bacteria.
|Build a Volcanic Energy Plant Frame|
|Complete an Experimenting on Volcanic Bacteria contract
- It's time to finish construction and use the volcano for the benefit of Megapolis!
Stage 10 - A Volcano in the Service of Mankind
Humanity can stand tall and proud when it manages to successfully apply its strength and knowledge to tame the unbelievable forces of nature.
- Taming the volcano is no easy task. Keep it up, there's just a little left to do!
|Build a Volcanic Energy Plant
|House 500 residents|
- Great work! You're closer than ever to taming the volcano. Don't stop now!
Stage 11 - The Volcano has been Tamed!
You've practically finished taming the Megapolis' volcano. Only a few steps left!
- Complete the final stages of the volcano taming process and you'll get the VolcEnergy Co. Building as a reward!
|Accept a Developing a Volcanic Energy Collection System contract
|Collect 1,000 coins in taxes|
- You tamed the volcano in Megapolis and earned the VolcEnergy Co.
Reward - Taming the Volcano
|VolcEnergy Co. Building
Achievement after Building the VolcEnergy Co. Building
|"You built the VolcEnergy Co. Building and earned a new title: Chief Volcanologist of Megapolis. Be sure to tell your friends!"|
- Social Quantum's internal name for this quest is "Вулкан в Мегаполисе!" which translates to "Volcano in the metropolis!".
- Social Quantum's ID for this quest is 10079270.
- ↑ [LINK SQ Forum: Update 04.07.2015]