|Public Safety||Searching for Victims||Rescue Center||Rescue is Coming||Dangerous Radiation||New Life||Studying the Radiation||Hero of Megapolis||Unknown Threat|
Build and Upgrade:
|Unknown Threat (also called An Unknown Threat in the Facebook version) is a Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 5 areas with assets leading up to zombie-related rewards. It was released as part of an update on 10.25.2013.
"Halloween is coming, and strange people have started showing up on the streets of Megapolis! They don't respond to questions, their skin is cold and pale... some people think it's all part of a Carnival celebration, but others think it's a real zombie attack!
"The residents beg the mayor: find out what's happened!
"Megapolis's scientists have vowed to find a way to heal the victims and eliminate the threat! We need to start a rescue operation right away!"
Depending on how one plays the game, this quest may require approximately 260 total (for assets) and 409,500 (for building and foundation purchases) to complete fully.
Completion of most of these building constructions automatically provides the construction site for the next building for free. The sequence is as follows:
Stage 1 - Public Safety
More and more people dressed like zombies are appearing as Halloween approaches. They're disturbing the peace!
- Youur city should be ready for any eventuality, no matter how unexpected. Provide your residents with all the service programs they might require.
|Start building a Civil Defense Base (purchase Foundation)|
|Build another Police Station|
|Build a Center of Nuclear Medicine|
- You did a great job and have earned a well-deserved reward. An experienced city leader like yourself can deal with any situation!
Stage 2 - Searching for Victims
They say the people dressed as zombies are acting strangely! They don't respond to questions, their skin is cold to the touch, and they've even been attacking people on the streets.
- Start looking for victims right away. And make sure you identify the source of the threat!
|Finish building the Civil Defense Base (Level 1)|
|Accept the Searching for Victims contract at the Civil Defense Base (does not need to be completed)
- Whether you want to celebrate Halloween or not is up to you, but no one is allowed to disturb the peace! You know this full well, which is why you're getting a reward: materials you need to continue construction.
Stage 3 - Rescue Center
The city is faced with two important goals: figure out how to save the victims, and identify the source of the threat.
- Collect some money and build a rehabilitation center. Then the people who look like zombies will stop walking around and scaring people!
|80px||Build a Rehabilitation Center|
|Collect taxes five times|
- The situation in the city has started returning to normal, and you've earned a reward: a zombie mansion! Build it in your city.
Stage 4 - Rescue is Coming
Our scientists have found the cause of these people's strange behavior: it's relic radiation! We can start taking preventive measures right away.
- You can reduce the number of relic radiation victims! Just upgrade the civil defense base and take preventive measures
|Upgrade the Civil Defense Base (convert to Civil Defense HQ, Level 2)|
|Accept the Taking Preventive Measures contract at the Civil Defense Base
- You've figured out why these strange people have been appearing in Megapolis: it's relic radiation! You've earned a reward.
Stage 5 - Dangerous Radiation
According to scientists, relic radiation is made up of traces of the Big Bang that created our universe. It's dangerous to humans!
- The first thing we need to do is build a neutralizer to protect most of the city.
|Build a Radiation Neutralizer|
|Accept the Neutralizing the Radiation contract at the Civil Defense Base
- You're doing a great job! You'll definitely save the city and its residents!
Stage 6 - New Life
Neutralizing the radiation helped enormously — we're no longer seeing new victims. Now we need to bring the city back to life!
- Help make life in the city even safer by upgrading the civil defense HQ and housing new residents
|Upgrade the Civil Defense HQ (convert to Civil Defense Center, Level 3)|
|House 1,500 residents|
- You've done great work and earned a reward! Would you like to tell your friends about it?
Stage 7 - Studying the Radiation
We need to learn more about relic radiation so we can make sure this never happens again!
- Build a relic radiation laboratory. And warn your friends about how dangerous it is!
|Build a Relic Radiation Laboratory|
|Visit 7 friends|
- Now you know how to save people from relic radiation once and for all! Complete your final task and start celebrating Halloween!
Stage 8 - Hero of Megapolis
Just a little more effort, and you can save Megapolis from relic radiation!
- Build a relic radiation transcoder, complete the contract, and the city will be safe!
|Build the Radiation Transcoder|
|Accept the Cleaning Megapolis Streets contract at the Civil Defense Base
- Now the residents know for sure that you can save Megapolis from anything — even a real zombie apocalypse!
Reward - Unknown Threat
Quest Rewards after Building Abandoned Skyscraper
- You've built an abandoned skyscraper and earned a new title: Disaster Specialist. Would you like to tell your friends about it?