Build and Upgrade:
Venetian Carnival is a Timed Quest in which the player has 192 hours to build and upgrade a total of 5 areas with assets leading up to Venice related rewards. It was released as part of an update on 02.28.2014.
If the user is unable to complete the quest in time, it can be extended for 24 hours for 3 . Multiple extensions are allowed but extensions are only allowed when the timer has less than 24 hours remaining.
"Get ready for the carnival: build a Mask Workshop, a Carnival Costume Store, St. Mark Garden and the Museo Correr and organize a carnival night. This will be the most memorable show in Megapolis!"
"The citizens feel that the city has gone too long without a big festival for all the citizens and guests of the city. A festival like that could attract a large number of tourists and make significant profit for the city budget.
"The residents beg the mayor: Hold a Carnival
"The citizens are sure that the city needs a huge Italian carnival with masks, costumes and dancing. Let's make it like the carnival of one of the most romantic cities of the world: Venice."
Depending on how one plays the game, this quest may require approximately 495 total (for 425 assets) and 443,000 (for building and foundation purchases) to complete fully.
Stage 1 - The Spirit of Italy
Prepare for and host a big Italian carnival in Megapolis. Let's make it like the carnival of one of the most romantic cities in the world: Venice.
- Build an Italian Cafe in your city and tell your neighbors about your preparations for the carnival and about the Italian spirit that has appeared in your city.
|Start building an Italian Cafe|
|Visit 5 neighbors|
- Great work! Build more Italian buildings to prepare for the Carnival and don't forget to make some masks!
Stage 2 - Masks Workshop
Since ancient times, people have come to the carnival wearing masks to hide their faces so they can feel free to celebrate!
- Save some money and build a workshop for all comers to select a mask to their taste.
|Build a Venetian Masks Workshop|
|Collect 2,500 in taxes|
- Continue preparing for the carnival in Megapolis. The happy and mysterious carnival night is just around the corner!
Stage 3 - Venetian Palace
A real carnival should be held among elegant architecture, reminding people of times long past.
- Buy a palace foundation to host a real Venetian Carnival.
|Buy the Doge's Palace foundation|
|House 2,000 residents|
- You've done great work and you receive the materials you need to construct Doge's Palace as a reward. They're in your Storehouse.
Stage 4 - Preparations for the Carnival
Doge's Palace is a monument to Italian Gothic architecture. The Doges once held court here, the rulers of Venice. Now there's a museum here.
- Build Doge's Palace and accept a new contract!
|Build the Doge's Palace|
|Accept the Preparations for the Carnival contract at the Doge's Palace
- There is much work ahead of you in preparing for the carnival, and a big reward awaits you when you finish this work!
Stage 5 - Buildings of Venice
The St. Mark Hotel is one of the famous buildings surrounding the Piazza San Marco in Venice.
- Complete more contracts and build more Venetian buildings to complete your preparations for the carnival.
|Buy the St. Mark Hotel foundation|
|Complete the Preparations for the Carnival contract at the Doge's Palace
- Great work! Keep up the preparations for the big carnival and be sure to tell your friends!
Stage 6 - Carnival Costume
Masks may hide the carnival goers' faces, but their bright and unusual costumes please the eye!
- Complete construction of a St. Mark Hotel and get some carnival costumes ready!
|Build the St. Mark Hotel|
|Build a Carnival Costume Store|
|Complete the Carnival Costume Shipment contract at the Doge's Palace
- The carnival costumes will soon be ready! As a reward, you receive the materials you need to build the Piazza San Marco.
Stage 7 - Venice's Main Square
The Piazza San Marco is the main city square of Venice. It consists of two parts: the Piazzetta from the Grand Canal to the belfry, and the Piazza itself.
- Build the main square of Venice in Megapolis: this is the very place where the main events of the carnival will be held.
|Buy the Museo Correr foundation|
|Build the Piazza San Marco (Doge's Palace, Level 2)|
|Complete the Best Carnival Costume Contest contract at the Doge's Palace
- As a reward for construction, you receive the Lion of St. Mark - the symbol of Venice. Would you like to tell your friends?
Stage 8 - Angel's Flight
The Venetian Carnival traditionally begins with the flight of an angel - a young girl descends from the bell tower of St. Mark's Basilica to the Doge's Palace.
- Build the frame of a new museum in Megapolis and complete a new wonderful contract.
|Build the Museo Correr Frame|
|Complete the Angel's Flight on the Piazza San Marco contract at the Doge's Palace|
- The angel's flight had a deep and lasting impression on the city's residents and guests. Would you like to tell your friends about this wonder?
Stage 9 - Venice Museum
The Museo Correr is a museum of fine art in Venice. It contains portraits, historical documents, coins, costumes, and much more.
- Build a new museum, start creating a beautiful garden and complete a new contract: the Carnival is just around the corner!
|Buy the St. Mark Garden foundation|
|Build the Museo Correr|
|Complete the Carnival Float Parade contract at the Doge's Palace|
- Put in just a little more effort and all the preparations for the carnival in your city will be done!
Stage 10 - Ancient Library
The library of St. Mark in Venice is called the Marciana Library. It's the oldest library in the city and many ancient books and manuscripts are stored in it.
- Buy the foundation of a new historical building of Venice, build a beautiful garden and hold a Musical Show.
|Buy the Marciana Library foundation|
|Build the St. Mark Garden|
|Complete the Musical Show contract at the Doge's Palace
- Great work! As a reward, you receive the materials you need to continue construction. Finish all the Venetian buildings soon and start off the carnival!
Stage 11 - Carnival Dances
The Carnival emerged a long time ago and has very ancient traditions. One of them is dancing. Learn at least one old-fashioned dance with the Carnival's participants!
- Build the ancient Marciana Library and complete a new lucrative contract.
|Build the Marciana Library|
|Complete the Cotillion Dance Class contract at the Doge's Palace
- It's time to finish the preparations and get the carnival started! Hurry, there isn't much time left!
Stage 12 - Carnival Night
Every year, up to half a million tourists visit the carnival in Venice. One day, your carnival will attract as many guests too!
- Build the western wing of the Marciana Library and start off the carnival night!
|Build the western wing of the Marciana Library (Level 2)|
|Accept the Holding Carnival Night contract at the Doge's Palace
- The carnival is beginning! And you receive a reward: the Hotel Cipriani. Build it to unlock a new contract and a new title!
Reward - Venetian Carnival
Achievement after Building the Hotel Cipriani
|"You've held a carnival in Venice and built the Hotel Cipriani. For this, you receive a new title: King of the Venetian Carnival. Would you like to tell your friends?|
- Social Quantum's internal name for this quest is "Венецианский карнавал" which translates to "YYY".
- Social Quantum's ID for this quest is 70710.